Not open for further replies.

Taboo

Game Master
Staff member
IGN
Taboo
1. White Christmas Tree Event
(December 20, 2018 – January 15, 2019)

Not even the Black Wings can kill the spirit of Christmas! Help decorate a tree in defiance of the Black Mage and be awarded with gifts! Find Little Beak in any major town to enter the event.

Here's how to help:
1. Collect Tree Ornaments by killing mobs.
2. Take the ornaments to NPC Little Beak, who will then take you to White Christmas Hill.
3. Give your ornaments to NPC Black-nosed Fur.

When Black-nosed Fur has enough ornaments, the tree behind him will begin to be decorated until it can hold no more and explode into a flurry of Snow Crystals.

Collect as many Snow Crystals as you can and trade them for items with NPC Fur Puff or NPC Fur White. Don't forget, sharing is caring!

A Lucky few of you will also pick up Golden Snow Crystals, which can be traded for rare items!

2. Shalom! Happyville is (kinda) Back
(December 20, 2018 – January 15, 2019)

The Festival of Lights is all about celebrating freedom and it's never been more appropriate than right now! Enjoy all your favorite holiday events including the Quest for Torr's Horn! Happyville was overran by Grinch and we don't want him stopping us from having fun! We have decided to relocated to the other side of town, Extra Frosty Snow Zone. In order to start the questline, you must speak to PaperBoy in Lith Harbor. Mazel Tov!

3. Season's Greetings, Maplers!
(December 20th, 2018 - December 25th, 2018)
It's the season of giving! Not all presents are just simply given away for free. We will be running a Christmas Tree Decoration contest! The best decorated trees will be gifted the greatest prizes!
With a contest comes rules and regulations. You must abide by these rules for the entry to be accepted.
  • Maximum amount of people allowed per entry: 3. Each must be present in the photo.
  • Each person can only participate in one submission. They will be disqualified if they have multiple entries. This applies to mule accounts / characters. However, those who participated along side such a user will still have the opportunity to win!
  • The screenshot must be in 1024x768 resolution. It must be a full screenshot.
  • Private message Taboo with your screenshot and participants IGNs to submit your entry.
  • Be creative!

Now for the exciting part, rewards! We will review all submissions and vote for the top 3 trees.

First Place
Evolving Ring II Lv. 17 (Untradeable)
2010 Winter King / Queen Medal (stats)
Winter Wonderland
Pet, Rudolph, Dasher, Crys.Rudolph pick

Second Place
2010 Winter Adventurer (stats)
Winter Wonderland

Third Place
2010 Winter Adventurer (no stats)

FAQ
Q: How do I prevent my items from being stolen when I start decorating a tree?
A: There is special code set in place where you are not able to loot any other players items while inside the tree decorating maps.

Q: What happens to my items if I disconnect?
A: All items will be sent back to your inventory. You do not have to worry about losing items.

Q: How long do I have before my items expire?
A: Items will not expire in this map. They will only be removed from the floor when you exit the map. Do NOT exit if you're not done. You will have to redo all your work!

Q: Can I drop any item?
A: You cannot drop untradable, or 1-of-a-kind objects in there, or CS items.

Q: There is a person that keeps following my group and griefing our tree / picture. How can we get rid of them?
A: If there is a person following you around, please report the user to Taboo. They will be disqualified from the contest and may possibly be banned.

Q: How will the trees be judged?
A: We will judge the trees on overall creativity and theme.

Q: Can I enter in both v92 and v100?
A: Of course! You will not be disqualified for participating in both.

Having trouble getting started?

4. Merry Christmas!
(December 25, 2018)
Santa will be bringing goodies for all the boys and girls!

Happy Holidays!
- Croosade Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Scowl

IGN
Solve
Any idea on how many ornaments are needed to max out the tree?

Taboo

Game Master
Staff member
IGN
Taboo
Rooney now allows access "Happyville" (Extra Frosty Snow Zone). Sorry about the issues earlier!

Taboo

Game Master
Staff member
IGN
Taboo
Is "we" referring to the staff and a select few, or will the Croosade community be voting for the top 3?
The staff team will be voting on their favorite trees. We will post all submissions on Christmas.

Any idea on how many ornaments are needed to max out the tree?
Less than before the restart.

Is there anyway you can make it a max of 4 ppl? :( my group has 4 people we don't want to leave one out
Sorry we've set a stern limit at 3.

We decided to move Little Beak into Frosty Zone to avoid confusion on what to do with decorations. I saw many people not understanding what was going on. Also, the Polaroid for the picture Cliff requests can be obtained by talking to the NPC Happy.

Question about the Tree Ornament Event:
Is it an individual event whereby the tree only counts your contributions and then explode into snow crystals once a number is reached, or is it a server-wide cumulative effort where it counts contributions from everyone?

coroks

IGN
JrCookie
Question about the Tree Ornament Event:
Is it an individual event whereby the tree only counts your contributions and then explode into snow crystals once a number is reached, or is it a server-wide cumulative effort where it counts contributions from everyone?
Its a server wide thing. per channel.

Its a server wide thing. per channel.
So after donating my ornaments, I have to wait at the place till it is sufficient and burst before I can collect anything?
And the looting process is also a free for all? Instead of ensuring everyone gets at least one or something for contributing.
Sorry for the questions, just really confused about this part of the event in general, and many players I asked in-game had the same sentiments

So after donating my ornaments, I have to wait at the place till it is sufficient and burst before I can collect anything?
And the looting process is also a free for all? Instead of ensuring everyone gets at least one or something for contributing.
Sorry for the questions, just really confused about this part of the event in general, and many players I asked in-game had the same sentiments
Yes the looting is free for all

Babe

IGN
Polar
You can farm enough to burst the tree for yourself, it’s a set amount each time.

But if you don’t have enough then you will have to wait for the tree to burst through others contribution.

As they said on the first post, sharing is caring!

radish

IGN
signal/radish
View attachment 7561
Merry Christmas guys! from Singapore ;'D Brings back bad memories which we were unable to do it together back when we are in SEA but Croosade got us the chance to do it again hehe. Also like for catto's qt meoooowwww :3

p.s. mary's a pun
did you not have access to decoration map in SEA or was that like solo only? just wondering :/

seedling

did you not have access to decoration map in SEA or was that like solo only? just wondering :/
hehe its similar or rather same, back then we're all still young and didnt have the time/commitment to do this together. all 3 of us known each other for 3-5 years already :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)