How do you guys feel about the Mchaos situation?

I have been farming a lot lately and investing in mchaoses just to make no progress at all on my gear. I was just wondering how do end game players feel about the way mchaoses are acquired right now? I feel like praying on gachapon and making mules to get 7 trophies just to get an mchaos is not healthy at all. Farming and stacking up mesos and then blowing it all on mchaoses and making 0 progress is just kind of tilting and burns me out so hard so I just want to get the opinion of people here. And the price of mchaos is only going up because more and more people are starting to make empress gear now that is a lot more abundant in the market.

Mufasa

I personally dont like the scroll at all. Its the best scroll for any equip, weapon included.
I know it brings a lot of risk, but its a go to for any equip. But it'd be too late to remove it now anyway.
As for the way to obtain it. Its pretty terrible. Making event mules is the main source right now. After the event, gacha is the only source again. Perhaps adding it as a low drop chance from certain bosses could be good.
Im thinking cht, czak and pb.
I dont think adding it to the croosade coin shop is a good idea at least. The balance of that store is really good atm and i dont think that should be messed with.

Mechly

IGN
Mechly
Hoping this does get added to a shop somewhere that makes it obtainable on a somewhat daily basis.
Without legendary potential, mchaosing equips is Croosade's meta, as no one is spending thousands of cubes per equip to get legendary-like potentials.

Slumber

Agreed. Prior to the event, we saw such a shortage of mchaos since it was only gacha.

2 possible long-term solutions that won't kill the value of mchaos:
1) Make an Mchaos scroll that is obtainable (weekly?) through monster park, party/guild quests, or even a future pq shop that is only tradeable within the account (not too easy/not too hard).

2) Mchaos scroll as an addition to the boss coin shop (or another coin shop) at an elevated price (e.g. 25 coins)

Aforesaid solution helps players who took a break during the event as well as newer players who start Croosade.

Right now, in abundance are most 10% scrolls (or legend 20%s) that provide 3-5 to a stat, which are also crucial to Croosade's meta to compliment early on mchaos success (more % potential stat you have, the closer your primary stat converges with wep atk/magic atk; in Croosade's no legendary meta you want both wep/magic attack AND your primary stat).

Personally I hate the whole chaos meta, it's way too much RNG and if you get unlucky you kinda feel like what's the point in even trying. Meanwhile those who are blessed by rngesus can get godly equips with a fraction of the effort/time invested. That said, I'm still playing anyway lol I've just reserved to not trying for top tier stats.

Charlie

IGN
Farm
I am also someone who struggles with the feeling of regret and is somewhat the reason why scrolling shit is a love/hate relationship for me. I do think that MChaos' are going to need another home that isn't just the gachapon and I agree with @Mufasa above that they shouldn't be anywhere near the boss coin shop as it feels perfectly balanced at the moment and doesn't need to be overloaded.

I do however believe that an untradeable variant should be added to the MP shop revamp that's going on(?) and here's the mental gymnastics I did to think this: when the event is over, the only way that we get MChaos' is to simply hunt for gachapon tickets from monsters which has a medium just like MP does. You must hunt monsters to obtain tickets (or pieces in this case for MP) and then you turn those into something that will spit out rewards for your hard work or in this case farming. If MChaos' can wiggle their way into the shop revamp we are getting soon it would be very similar to the way that boss coins work at the moment except it's catered more towards those that are farming as opposed to bossing. I don't want to see a limit on this though because I really dislike the idea of "daily" shit. Being untradeable will allow gachapon to still be desirable and worth it since the more abundant untradeable MChaos coming from MP would have to be sold as a service and assuming you're attempting to scroll a piece of gear you have already worn (since most of the gear worth being MChaos'd requires a sok/psok), it would also create another NX sink (although I think we're good on those atm). If anything, it would make a market for tradeable MChaos' even more lucrative.

Another thing that I could see alleviate some of the pain when chaosing gear is adding 30% COGs (chaos of goodness) somewhere. If possible whatsoever, I would love to see them be reduced to 20% since we have such a massive stream of LDS' coming into the game and are very accessible to the point that I think of most scrolls I use as just 10% higher than they actually are. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing these in MP as well unless there's a better idea that isn't too over complicated just for the sake of being over complicated. I also do not want to see them added to something like GPQ unless it's added elsewhere because it just will not cover for the massive demand they will inevitably have.

Also just to add, for anyone that isn't aware of what a COG is, it is a Chaos Scroll except it doesn't have the potential to go negative (potential stats are +0 ~ +5). What tends to happen is you slap a few MChaos' on your gear until you pussy out and then dump all your funds into COGs and then fail them because their chance to work is bullshit. So it somewhat evens out on how your feelings are towards the end of chaosing your gear—you either go negative with MChaos' or you fail your COGs.

Also one last thing going back to adding them to the MP shop: I really think the game is going to feel a bit more dead once this event is over. Farming the same places and then doing the same daily bosses has got to be pushing some players out of the game at this point and adding something to enhance the farming aspect of the game through Monster Park (just like we did with bossing) would be a step in the right direction imo. Having the certainty (in a world of uncertainty that Chaos Scrolls are) that you will get X reward after Y amount of tickets is something I can get behind because it feels better, which is one of the reasons to play a game, right?

Last edited:

Mechly

IGN
Mechly
Personally, one of the big reasons why I think these scrolls should be in shops (or on a quest-like thing like the current event) is that there's already enough RNG in actually using the things, having to suffer through RNG of actually getting one from something like GPQ just adds too many layers of luck for you get one, pass it and then get good stats, be it for MChaos or CoG.

Slumber

Another thing that I could see alleviate some of the pain when chaosing gear is adding 30% COGs (chaos of goodness) somewhere. If possible whatsoever, I would love to see them be reduced to 20% since we have such a massive stream of LDS' coming into the game and are very accessible to the point that I think of most scrolls I use as just 10% higher than they actually are. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing these in MP as well unless there's a better idea that isn't too over complicated just for the sake of being over complicated. I also do not want to see them added to something like GPQ unless it's added elsewhere because it just will not cover for the massive demand they will inevitably have.
The implementation and reduction from 30-->20% for COG given the abundance of LDS is a really balanced proposal. +1 to that. Great idea there!

If we do get a MP Shop revamp w/ an untradeable mchaos variant, adding the regular variant to GPQ as a rare drop would keep GPQ alive post-event (narcs + gallants are just not worth GPQing for right now). As others have also said, this eventually makes the game a bit less RNG and chore-like and would be a huge quality of life improvement too.

MChaos is in a horrible place right now with the demand outweighing the supply drastically. Also last 850 gachapon tickets yielded me 1 MC + 1 WS (lol) so other than making event mules theres pretty much no way to obtain them. MP Shop or giving a new way to get them would prevent MC from raising even HIGHER than it has in the last week.

+1 the CoG idea from @Charlie as well i think it would help out a great amount for a lot of players who are scared to MChaos those last couple slots on their decent gear.

Just add iCOGs and call it a day. (jk)

TBH I think adding them to Monster park wouldn't be a bad idea, because we're slowing getting closer to SoloStory and MP is one of the things in the server that still probably requires a party to do (Besides empress).
Also could Implement automated system for PQs that have a % chance to give you a set scroll for each PQ/Day of the week. For future versions when the PQ Area gets added they could add it to the PQ shop in exchange for PQ points.

End game scrolls are just too expensive to keep blowing money on as @uznd said.

Will the automated events still have MCS as a possible reward after the Legends event ends? If so atleast that's one (small) way they will still be getting to market.

Mechly

IGN
Mechly
Will the automated events still have MCS as a possible reward after the Legends event ends? If so atleast that's one (small) way they will still be getting to market.
I believe only the Bomberman event gives mchaos as a reward (well, the others might but it's an extremely small chance since I never heard of anyone getting one).

Charlie

IGN
Farm
I believe only the Bomberman event gives mchaos as a reward (well, the others might but it's an extremely small chance since I never heard of anyone getting one).
You're looking at a Russian Roulette MChaos winner right here. Pretty sure all automated events give the same rewards and shouldn't even really be a thought in the grand scheme of things when balancing this item.

IGN
Paratroopa
I'll give more insight to how I feel about the situation later but I will say that I like the idea of an untradeable variant being added to shops.

I've been keeping an eye on the discussion(s) surrounding the whole situation with MCs and have been pondering about it the past couple days, unfortunately there's no good place the scroll can go but there definitely are some solutions that are better than others, however they all bolster their own issues but that's just Maple for you.

In my opinion the scroll definitely needs to be obtainable from more than just Gacha because when the event ends it's going to become scarce at best. The scroll itself shouldn't be easily obtainable and should be more geared towards people who are in the late stages of the game where these scrolls become more of a necessity for powering up your character. I have a couple ideas but I need to discuss this with others first.

I'll be coming back to this at a later point; I'm not done but I'm still thinking about how to put certain things because topics like these can get pretty controversial. If I'm being honest though? While I do think this scroll needs another home, I think a lot of players play with the mentality of skipping straight to end-game from mid-late and that's just not how things should work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)