Introducing Fusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strict

Best answers
So does this mean frontier and pensilar equips are coming to croosade ?

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
So does this mean frontier and pensilar equips are coming to croosade ?
No. We currently have no plans to import any equipment. We will find other ways :)

Aven

Best answers
The least you can do is to explain why it is underwhelming, if you tell me that you don't mean to be offending.
So, it seems underwhelming, but it may not be. Since I don't have a complete understanding of this fusion system. Main reasons are that it doesn't address the stagnant player base, nor the class diversity (which I personally believe is something that will eventually need to be addressed and potentially fixed).

I think that unless this allows us to craft special scrolls that work similar to CS/WS, then this will only serve to further devalue gacha since the scrolls from there may or may not drop in price which would make the returns on gacha even less desirable. Again, this is just my own opinion and since the update is not here, I haven't seen the full potential in this system.

This is going based off the assumption we will be able to craft 50% scrolls.

tidus07

Best answers
Fusion System
Fusion is a custom system where players will be able to craft new items. The requirements for Fusion is for players to be lv. 140 or above with 5 Zakum Forces consumed. Once you meet these requirements you will be able to start a short questline introducing you to Fusion. This questline starts by consuming a Zakum Force. After completing the introduction questline you will unlock the Fusion system.
It is time for mages/bishops to start consuming Zakum Forces. However, it will be quite a challenge for mages (or non-bossing players in general) to be accepted into Zakum parties.

Several bosses will now drop recipes to craft items. Recipes will be learned upon looting. Only after learning a recipe will you be able to see all the ingredients required to craft the item.
Are the recipes like Zakum/HT forces whereby they drop for everyone? Or only 1 player will be able to loot it?

phanta

Best answers
Fusion System
Fusion is a custom system where players will be able to craft new items. The requirements for Fusion is for players to be lv. 140 or above with 5 Zakum Forces consumed. Once you meet these requirements you will be able to start a short questline introducing you to Fusion. This questline starts by consuming a Zakum Force. After completing the introduction questline you will unlock the Fusion system.

Fusion requires two things: forces and recipes. Fusion is powered by forces which means you will need to gather forces from the bosses that drop them and use them as tributes to power the process. These tributes require a fee. Several bosses will now drop recipes to craft items. Recipes will be learned upon looting. Only after learning a recipe will you be able to see all the ingredients required to craft the item.

With the introduction of recipes, we would also like to introduce Spell Traces. Spell Traces are a new ETC item that will drop from all mobs as well as drop in bundles from all bosses, they will be a key ingredient in all scroll related recipes. Note: Don't confuse it with Nexons current system of scrolling

The Fusion process for some recipes is unstable, which means there is a chance that it can fail. If this happens, all ingredients are destroyed, and a small portion of the total Force Power required is lost.

The launch of Fusion will only include recipes to craft scrolls, however this is just the start and we will be adding more recipes and other functionalities down the line.
This sounds interesting - how would you have fusion impact the current endgame weaponry players have already built up? Or is this just a means for players to attain that state of endgame easier.

I am assuming that the baseline of this is whereby players would 'tribute' the force from bosses as a new currency by spending some mesos up. The recipes are learnt from killing and looting bosses (not a big issue), which would then use your 'force power' to craft and create scrolls, ingredients aside. Correct me if im wrong here.

Chaos Forces
Oh and we forgot to mention that Chaos bosses will now drop Chaos Forces, however, unlike the regular forces giving hp the chaos forces can be consume for a chance to increase your ability points! Note: This will be released alongside the fusion system
Any chance you guys would consider jobID tagging this and provide some of the weaker classes 'more' ability points to bridge and give 'viability'?

As it stands from your description, a grand total of 50 base AP for any lv200 yields an approximate flat 4-5% increment in output for most classes (mage aside), although it would obviously have more impact at lower levels (50 extra AP at lv16x is being boosted to as much as a 17x).

EDIT2: Can we assume the magic cap of 1999 will be increased as well? #b0ssingMages

Last edited:

Pure

Best answers
IGN
PureAfrican
Creative ideas..now people can stop nagging about the state of the server, next on the agenda.
"~admin meeting about mixing up the meta~ :unsure:

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
This is going based off the assumption we will be able to craft 50% scrolls.
Nope.

Are the recipes like Zakum/HT forces whereby they drop for everyone? Or only 1 player will be able to loot it?
I can't answer this yet, this is something we need to finalize!

This sounds interesting - how would you have fusion impact the current endgame weaponry players have already built up? Or is this just a means for players to attain that state of endgame easier.

I am assuming that the baseline of this is whereby players would 'tribute' the force from bosses as a new currency by spending some mesos up. The recipes are learnt from killing and looting bosses (not a big issue), which would then use your 'force power' to craft and create scrolls, ingredients aside. Correct me if im wrong here.

Any chance you guys would consider jobID tagging this and provide some of the weaker classes 'more' ability points to bridge and give 'viability'?

EDIT2: Can we assume the magic cap of 1999 will be increased as well? #b0ssingMages
I'm not impacting current armor at all. It's to get to endgame state easier. If anything, we will allow people to even upgrade their armor further.

You're 100% correct !

No jobID tagging.. and I have no clue about the magic cap...

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Polar
Whipper snappers Croosade has done it again

ChokeMeDaddy

Best answers
My main concern and a concern that caused a lot of people to quit, is the economy. I understand that this is to be a huge meso sink and that it is supposed to bring a lot more items on the market, but I have some questions, if you dont mind me asking. Right now cs/ws prices are above 100m ea and that is still terrible. But this system should allow people to craft it, so good? However, if I need 1 force (being naive here, prob costs more) to make a chaos scroll or a white scroll, then maybe I can get lucky and make one in a day. I dont know about other people, but zak forces drop quite infrequently in my opinion. Heck, in my last 10 zak runs, i went 1/10 with forces dropping from Zak, which was kinda normal to me. My points is, if I need a force to craft a ws/cs and it still costs mesos to craft, I dont know if prices will decrease as much as you hope. Also, with Chaos Zak and normal Zak not having separate cooldowns, it will still limit people if they want more AP, or want to try normal zak for forces. Maybe make Czak and Zak separate cooldowns, since they both give quite diff rewards and wont limit people on choosing what to do. This also brings up a question about will this incentivize other bosses like Papulatus. I am more than happy about this content, truly, but I just have a few concerns.

phanta

Best answers
My main concern and a concern that caused a lot of people to quit, is the economy. I understand that this is to be a huge meso sink and that it is supposed to bring a lot more items on the market, but I have some questions, if you dont mind me asking. Right now cs/ws prices are above 100m ea and that is still terrible. But this system should allow people to craft it, so good? However, if I need 1 force (being naive here, prob costs more) to make a chaos scroll or a white scroll, then maybe I can get lucky and make one in a day. I dont know about other people, but zak forces drop quite infrequently in my opinion. Heck, in my last 10 zak runs, i went 1/10 with forces dropping from Zak, which was kinda normal to me. My points is, if I need a force to craft a ws/cs and it still costs mesos to craft, I dont know if prices will decrease as much as you hope. Also, with Chaos Zak and normal Zak not having separate cooldowns, it will still limit people if they want more AP, or want to try normal zak for forces. Maybe make Czak and Zak separate cooldowns, since they both give quite diff rewards and wont limit people on choosing what to do. This also brings up a question about will this incentivize other bosses like Papulatus. I am more than happy about this content, truly, but I just have a few concerns.
I was about to point out the currently abysmal droprate for forces to be utilized in this manner.

Taking into account that it currently is a workable drop-rate for endgamers, then players in the late-game (15x-16x going HT) would technically struggle in this department i guess?
Drop clutter might also be a cause for concern, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes i guess - assuming recipes are one-time learn-and-go.

Salted

Best answers
It is time for mages/bishops to start consuming Zakum Forces.
Haven't all bishops been lootin orbs? People always askin for HS....
However, it will be quite a challenge for mages (or non-bossing players in general) to be accepted into Zakum parties.
Just ask your guild/alliance to afk in Zak and loot if you're a Mage tho...
Wont be any harder to get orbs afterward

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
I get your concerns. Let me try and address them here.

The system does never allow rare items to be crafted daily. Simply because they require more force power. It's not like 1 force is 1 crafted item. It's like a zakum force giving x force power and chaos zakum force giving y force power. Chaos bosses give more force power than the normal ones. We always try to balance it so it does not cost too much mesos, because that's something that will be bad for the economy too. I can assure you will listen to the community with this system. This is why I will slowly add in more, just so I can see how it works out, make adjustments etc.

The limit shouldn't really be a problem. It might seem slow, but that in the end you can use up all your forces as tributes. People would reach 'endgame' much quicker if it's not shared. It's a choice you can make.

Bosses like Papulatus will be useful in this system. Recipes require ingredients, which means boss drops will most likely be used for 'rare' recipes.

PurePoisonXD

Best answers
IGN
PurePoisonJr
Can we assume the magic cap of 1999 will be increased as well? #b0ssingMages
No point in raising it if my Apple suggestion (Or anything similar) isn't added to the game as no one currently comes close to the cap. But still. :whistle:

As to this thread, I know its only a draft of what's to come, but so far it looks interesting. :) I like the idea of Forces still being useful after maxing out your orbs, because I've been throwing away a bunch of them lol, finally can put them to use. Its nice that previously released content is being used for another purpose instead of creating more new items that could potential make the game too confusing. Also its nice that they give AP, making it fairer for all classes instead of going with giving out W.ATK/M.ATK stats... but the latter might come with this new Fusion System so Idk. Already talked about this in another thread so I won't go into details again; just please don't forget Magicians and Evans. :censored:

Two questions tho:

1. Will this Fusion System appear in the Maker Skill as additional slots or will there be its own custom UI?

2. Kinda more of a suggestion than a question, but instead of removing the 999 AP cap, wouldn't it be better to add an section in the Character Stat window making it kind of like MapleStory's Inner Ability system and make it show there how much additional APs you got?

For example, you already have 999 base + 200 and you got 50 more APs from that new system. Instead of making show 1049 base + 200, +50 would appear in the new window and for your Ability Points window it would show 999 base + 250 instead?

Damage/total stat wise this doesn't change anything, but I just thought this would look less weird then having the stat cap removed and make it more distinct that you obtained your APs via equipment/Chaos Forces instead of affecting your base stats that usually only come from leveling APs.

Violent

Best answers
IGN
Misery
I get your concerns. Let me try and address them here.

The system does never allow rare items to be crafted daily. Simply because they require more force power. It's not like 1 force is 1 crafted item. It's like a zakum force giving x force power and chaos zakum force giving y force power. Chaos bosses give more force power than the normal ones. We always try to balance it so it does not cost too much mesos, because that's something that will be bad for the economy too. I can assure you will listen to the community with this system. This is why I will slowly add in more, just so I can see how it works out, make adjustments etc.

The limit shouldn't really be a problem. It might seem slow, but that in the end you can use up all your forces as tributes. People would reach 'endgame' much quicker if it's not shared. It's a choice you can make.

Bosses like Papulatus will be useful in this system. Recipes require ingredients, which means boss drops will most likely be used for 'rare' recipes.
What about orb drop rate? Will it stay the same after release? I thought it was just me being unlucky with orbs but 1/10 in the last 10 runs sounds bad too.

Marcus

Best answers
No point in raising it if my Apple suggestion (Or anything similar) isn't added to the game as no one currently comes close to the cap. But still. :whistle:
Pretty sure buffed magic (showing in red) can go above 1999 magic. In MapleDestiny (v83) I had like 1750-1800 magic before it got wiped, so idk if it'd have capped if I got up to 1999 clean (which was practically impossible anyways). But when I buffed up with Ssiws Cheese or Subani's Mystic Cauldron and Echo of Hero it went well above 1999

Hamster

Best answers
Great job by the staff on this update. No idea how it'll turn out, but the way they're handling situations now compared to the lie detector debacle shows a lot of growth and maturity by them. I'm mostly a lurker at this point that just reads the forums and votes, but I've been feeling increasingly more patience and understanding from the entire staff.
Even if it goes to shit, conceptually very impressed by the way they've been handling themselves recently despite the economy floundering.

Cheers, and hope Croosade lives on!

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
Xenforo
This sounds amazing!
Although we haven't seen any numbers yet, by the looks of it this fixes not just the economy but a whole range of other issues in one go!
I'd love to see the less popular bosses become profitable and to see more mages being interested in joining boss runs.
Not to mention this system would be a very controlled influx of white scrolls, one that can be easily adjusted to fit needs.

Especially impressed to already see content that allows us to upgrade our characters after perfecting all our gear in the standard fashion.
This will undoubtedly increase the longevity of the server which I love, and makes Croosade now truly stand out as unique and not following Nexon's Maplestory but improving on it with the staffs' own vision.

Also it seems to be a misconception that existing perfect equipment is going to become redundant; by the looks of it this content will just allow you to even further improve that gear, not replace it.

Sure, whether this will sufficiently meet our expectations or not can be concerning, but I'd like to remind people to wait and see the numbers first before worrying about drop rates, economy and whatnot.

Finishing off with a question of my own, will the recipes be tradeable or not, and why?

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
Two questions tho:

1. Will this Fusion System appear in the Maker Skill as additional slots or will there be its own custom UI?

2. Kinda more of a suggestion than a question, but instead of removing the 999 AP cap, wouldn't it be better to add an section in the Character Stat window making it kind of like MapleStory's Inner Ability system and make it show there how much additional APs you got?

For example, you already have 999 base + 200 and you got 50 more APs from that new system. Instead of making show 1049 base + 200, +50 would appear in the new window and for your Ability Points window it would show 999 base + 250 instead?

Damage/total stat wise this doesn't change anything, but I just thought this would look less weird then having the stat cap removed and make it more distinct that you obtained your APs via equipment/Chaos Forces instead of affecting your base stats that usually only come from leveling APs.
1. It's all done in NPC chats.

2. Please, I don't want to hack in in any UI. Making it show '+X' is a hack that's not worth it in my opinion if increasing the cap works the exact same, but without overcomplicating things for us.

What about orb drop rate? Will it stay the same after release? I thought it was just me being unlucky with orbs but 1/10 in the last 10 runs sounds bad too.
I've thought about increasing the Zakum Force drop with a little bit. :)

Finishing off with a question of my own, will the recipes be tradeable or not, and why?
It won't be. Recipes will be consumed upon pickup. I don't want to create an item for every recipe, so it's a scripted item. This also gives me the freedom to tweak discovery chances of undiscovered recipes.

Another reason is that it drops from almost every boss in the game, so it's not like people need to buy them. I would rather have them kill bosses (even easier bosses), then just buying it from others (which will only make them get even more mesos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)