It's Dead

Buccaneer

Best answers
1546545188269.png
As predicted, the postbb server has completely overwhelmed the prebb server and it's safe to say that v92 is pretty dead. I'm curious if anyone is actually still playing v92 actively or is the dead market and solostory too difficult and unmotivated to play. As to the staff, do you plan on closing this server and instead focus on the postbb server or are you still going to "keep your promise" of updating the v92 server. I'm just curious of how the staff is looking at the future of v92 since there is almost no one on anymore.

Nasty

Best answers
What updates do you mean tho? They said they gonna run the same events on V92 & v100 and if they find bugs they gonna fix em. v92 looks like a finished product to me that we moved on from to the progressive server and i think they kept v92 open to prevent a shitstorm from the community so people who still wanna play the v92 server can always go back but theres always people who gonna complain either way it seems.

join us on v100, if you havent yet its better and i have a lot more fun over there.

Buccaneer

Best answers
What updates do you mean tho? They said they gonna run the same events on V92 & v100 and if they find bugs they gonna fix em. v92 looks like a finished product to me that we moved on from to the progressive server and i think they kept v92 open to prevent a shitstorm from the community so people who still wanna play the v92 server can always go back but theres always people who gonna complain either way it seems.

join us on v100, if you havent yet its better and i have a lot more fun over there.
Since there are almost no one playing on v92, I just believe that people don't care about that server and isn't speaking up about it. No one can complain about balance or economic issues if no one plays it and there is no economy. I understand that they wanted to keep v92 up to avoid backlash from the community, but now seeing the state of v92, I honestly don't think it's a bad idea to just shut it down to save money and resources. I honestly don't think any developers are even "working" or "fixing" anything in v92 since there are just no one who cares about it anymore.

The updates that they talked about:
1546550586058.png1546550604892.png1546550629764.png

With no talk about any updates from the staff, I think it is safe to say they don't really care about v92, and for good reason. I have tried out v95 and it was fun for the time I played it. No point of playing on the v92 server if there are no other players and there are much more active servers with similar prebb content.

Alkoby

Best answers
I disagree with the one above me. I truly believe either way the staff DO care ALOT about v92, not (just) because of the way the sever is in terms of population&market, but because v92 holds (at least for me I assume for many more staff included) something bigger. I've said it along time ago : "croosade is a revolutionary server" talking about the game at its peak having close to 800+ online users. reason being is the combination of literally the best staff for a sever hands down as a fact and the idea of bringing something new to the table that will shake things up. As 92 was extremely fresh and even amazing for alot of new players that's basically the same reason of why v95+ skyrocketed, because staff yet again made something revolutionary that had never seen daylight until now (#nautilus) The server is good it add something different and unique that there's alot of market for but aside from croosade there's no one else who've done it. Plus the memories for post bb players and the idea of experiencing a different playstyle of maplestory for a change is actually good. BUT! Even as a player who comes and started playing post big bang. I always find myself missing the things I had at v92 the community the friends, yes we play toghter on v100 but v92 as a server is an art. Its a painting and alot of us finished painting the intire canvas until its out of place. (Aka no more things to do) so you just move on. But you never forget the most amazing time you had in maplestory the past few years and this happened on v92. V92 is the first reason croosade got to where its at at such a short amount of time at first place. V92 is the mother and v95+ is the child. But I for a second don't believe the staff ignore or don't care about there "baby". In the end its up to us to choose what server we want to play in, and although the server is dead and I know that if a community was still available there I would like to join from time to time. One thing I know for certain : no matter how far you'd go into versions and experienced so many new contents, in the end of the road you always find yourself playing your og pre big bang chill server (have it be v92 v62 v83) because its timeless. This. Can not be taking away and will always come back.

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Polar
It’s not that the staff doesn’t care, because I’m sure they do.

But ultimately it’s the community that decides whether or not v92 stays alive.

Most if not all of us chose to move forward onto the progressive server instead of stay back on v92.
Was that Staff’s fault? No. They didn’t force us to switch nor stay, they gave us the decision to choose either of the two; in fact, they gave us the decision to return to v92 whenever we felt we wanted to go back.

The one’s I would say who don’t care anymore is the community. They have moved onto the next big thing and that’s alright.

Nothing lasts forever but we must cherish it like it’s the final day.

grum

Best answers
IGN
grumb
Can't speak for others but I haven't bothered trying to log on since Christmas because of the constant disconnects. Soloing bosses was a good way to kill a few hours when I was bored and gathering the few active people to run ht was really fun.

Imbued

Best answers
I feel like the staff does care but they clearly didn't show it to us players who stayed on v92. There was only 2 GM's on since v95 came out, Harvey adding the halloween event and tommy checking once. There was a bunch of events after v95 got announced but once released there was 0 events ever since. It doesn't help the fact that they released v95 out of no where and did it during school. When v95 came out there was still 50-60 players on v92 but everyone was busy (including me) and most had to afk so nothing really happened, because of this players who wanted to boss etc had no one to boss with since most players were already busy and the server slowly died. I'm not blaming the staff as they did an amazing job with v92 hence why I enjoyed the server so much and stayed even though the server slowly started to die. But I feel like they could have handled v95 release a bit differently. Also I think the only reason v92 started to die even before v95 was released was due to most players not being able to get far into the game. Most players would do HT, Zak and only a few teams did CZak and CHT. Most players never got to try out CZak or CHT as very few players had the gear to (because of the CS prices and messed up economy). Also the constant DC's also was a big problem. I've heard from many players that quit v95 that they want to go back to v92 but its completely dead and that they think v92 probably wont ever be active again. I can only hope that one day it will be revived. Still hoping for any news on v92 from the staff

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Polar
I'm not blaming the staff as they did an amazing job with v92 hence why I enjoyed the server so much and stayed even though the server slowly started to die. But I feel like they could have handled v95 release a bit differently.
I always see people saying they could do x differently but I never see them saying how.

How do you think it could of been done different? Regardless, one or the other was going to suffer.

Before they announced v95, the v92 server was already slowly dying out. I’m not sure if you actively played around that time, but the playerbase was decreasing rapidly.

So even if they announced it later on, it was still going to suffer some sort of backlash from the news.

Also read Heisenberg’s post

Imbued

Best answers
I always see people saying they could do x differently but I never see them saying how.

How do you think it could of been done different? Regardless, one or the other was going to suffer.

Before they announced v95, the v92 server was already slowly dying out. I’m not sure if you actively played around that time, but the playerbase was decreasing rapidly.

So even if they announced it later on, it was still going to suffer some sort of backlash from the news.

Also read Heisenberg’s post
Yes as I mentioned in my previous post the server was dying and the reason why I think it was slowly dying lol, from what I can remember the staff nerfed gach and ever since the nerf, the price of ws and cs skyrocketed to 100m+ They could have tried to fix the economy by perhaps reverting the nerf or making other ways to get cs so that they were not so rare. Also more mesos sinks as many players clearly stated that they were needed. But personally I think they could have given the server time. I don’t know exactly when v92 released but it seems to be around 2017 Dec, so basing it off that the server was less then a year old. Many servers have ups and downs and have survived as they were given time. It really feels like once the popsicle event and the Rock Paper Scissors happened they didn’t try to fix their mistakes as MANY players left because of those events. Again I’m not blaming the staff as they made a great server, I’m just stating facts that many people have talked about but have said nothing.

Moongazer

Best answers
You have yet to point out one logical explanation or benefit from wiping except the rankings would restart. If you want to play v92 fresh then just do it. Not like anything is stopping you from doing just that right now.
I need to explain why the server should be wiped or deleted? Well maybe because no one plays on it, legit 0.0 players

Charlie

Best answers
So how does that justify wiping the server?
Because then v92 can finally become an RMZero server where at any moment it can be wiped again because there are no players online who may or may not be effected by the disconnections of a less than optimal server host on a server where being online for hours at a time means quite a bit.

In all seriousness, if staff wanted to do something differently with v92 (which they have stated they don't) they would have already. They are not going to close v92 nor are they going to wipe it (again this is all assuming they haven't had a change of heart). I have seen a suggestion like this 3x now in the past month and they have all been denied in the same fashion with negative interest in ever doing so.

Last edited:

Naveh

Best answers
Wiping wont help
Its the same server
People will get bored and it will return to the same state as now

Mintieness

Best answers
I need to explain why the server should be wiped or deleted? Well maybe because no one plays on it, legit 0.0 players
So your argument for deleting my over 1500 hours invested and every others players hours is because everyone's on v100 currently? I'd rather it shut down than everything I put into the game be taken away to start over. I find that very disrespectful

Imbued

Best answers
Wiping would just piss off the community more, many ppl including me put in hours of playing time. Even if it is a temporary fix, in the long run the same thing would just happen as there seems to be no new content coming in to make it any different than what it is now. I also would rather have it shut down.

Buccaneer

Best answers
Man, I never even mentioned wiping the server in my original post or even thought about it. Thanks for clarifying Harvey! It’s pretty clear from other servers that wiping loses a lot more players so it’s pretty detrimental to a server’s health. I was just wondering if v92 is taking resources away from v100 and should considered to shut down, but seems like it will still be up! Maybe it’s a backup when postBB unleashed demons rendering the server too broken to play :p

Moontricks

Best answers
I dont think id ever touch v92 if it wiped. Ive been logging into it a bit trying make it look slightly more active. I want to run zak on it or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)