• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
Dear Croosaders,

I'm planning to revamp the website (adding new features and improving old ones as well as applying changes to the layout and the design). I have already started to work on a completely new website but I'm lacking the time to finish and release it this year. For now, however, we would like to take a first step into this and replace the header because some players consider it as hentai (are you serious?).
Unfortunately we don't have a graphic artist in our team and using copyright protected material without permission can lead our current hoster to take down our website. Now Taboo had the idea to make it a contest.

This will be a little more demanding than other events. But more demanding also means better prizes.
By taking part you can win Credits. There's 3 sub contests and you may take part in each of them and make as many submissions as you want, allowing you to win a total of more than 100,000 150,000 Credits!

The contests start now and end on September 30th November 30th. Submissions made after that day will get declined!
After the contest has ended I will post all submissions and let our community choose the winners.

Website Header Contest

Draw a new header for the home page of our website and send it to me in a private message with the title "Website Header Contest".

Rules:
  • It must be only a background without our logo or any other text.
  • You may not use copyright protected material in your drawing.
  • The dimensions of this should be 4096 × 2160 px (Cinema 4K).

Prizes:
  1. 15,000 25,000 Credits (@Marnia Submission)
  2. 10,000 15,000 Credits
  3. 5,000 10,000 Credits

Toplist Banner Contest

Create a new banner for our toplist entries and send it to me in a private message with the title "Toplist Banner Contest".

Rules:
  • The dimensions of this must be 728 × 90 px and 468 × 60 px (you will have to create two).

Prizes:
  1. 15,000 25,000 Credits (@Mint Submission [2])
  2. 10,000 15,000 Credits (@Jordan Submission [2])
  3. 5,000 10,000 Credits (@Marnia Submission [2])

Promotion Video Contest

Record and edit a promotion video, upload it to your own YouTube channel and send me the link in a private message with the title "Promotion Video Contest".

Info:
By participating in this one you agree that we might store a copy of your video on our own server in case YouTube decides to take it offline like they did with our former promotion video.

Prizes:
  1. 20,000 25,000 Credits (@Jordan Submission)
  2. 15,000 15,000 Credits (@Traphiker Submission)
  3. 10,000 10,000 Credits

Regards,

Croosade Staff

Last edited:

Joan

Speaking of raw files, is getting the source file of the Croosade logo a possibility? Such that we don't have to work on the banner with a less-than-best quality of the logo.
Also, I'm assuming, no Nexon images for the toplist banner too?
Another question, what format for the toplist banner? Just a JPG/PNG? Are animated GIFs allowed?

(Btw, I don't think the toplist banner should be "worth less" in terms of prize-value than the other 2 contests.
It certainly doesn't take less effort to make a good one than drawing a nice Website banner, and we have to make 2)

Nakurusa

IGN
Milk
OOOOhhh YES
I gotta try the video one once i have time in my hands... next week

(Btw, I don't think the toplist banner should be "worth less" in terms of prize-value than the other 2 contests.
It certainly doesn't take less effort to make a good one than drawing a nice Website banner, and we have to make 2)
I second this too

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of raw files, is getting the source file of the Croosade logo a possibility? Such that we don't have to work on the banner with a less-than-best quality of the logo.
Unfortunately we were never given a vector file by the artist who created the logo. Nonetheless, here it is in the highest resolution we have (check the attachments).

Also, I'm assuming, no Nexon images for the toplist banner too?
Never said that but I also don't want to encourage anyone to do something they're not allowed to in terms of copyright law. All I can tell you is that we're neither hosting the banner nor embedding it on our site, so nobody can send us a DMCA letter for this.

Another question, what format for the toplist banner? Just a JPG/PNG? Are animated GIFs allowed
All should work, if one doesn't I will just convert it. Animated GIFs are allowed too.

Considering that some of you might submit animations you're totally right. Will change the reward to be the same as for the Website Header Contest.

Attachments

IGN
Slayer/Tydir
In the toplist banner, would you like server-related info to be displayed on there? (Rates,features etc.) or just a clean
one with background graphics and the logo?
And do the 2 different size banners need to be with the same graphics/info just resized?

Last edited:

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
As of now there's not so many submissions that we need a voting. :confused:

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
Set the prizes higher and extended the deadline, however, the two who made their submission before the initial deadline have now already won the #1 prizes in their category.

IGN
Slayer/Tydir
I'm a graphic design student, currently working on a project for my studies, but i think i can squeeze this in untill nov 30th :)

Marnia

why taking a course for it when you can be self taught for free ?
I’m also a graphic designer, just graduated.

Being in school offers you experience you might not have being self-taught. Such as, being around other designers that can influence, enhance, and critique your designs. It works to be around other designers learning the same thing as you because you can feed off of each other.

Self-taught might save you a lot of money, but you should weight in the cons of learning on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)