Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
Update (2:35 am):
Done.

Dear Croosaders,

not too long ago we moved to another hoster because our former one didn't allow us to continue hosting (one of our) services with them. For services like ours it's not always easy to find the right one. The one we're currently with now allows us to run our services, however, it doesn't only come with pros but also with cons.
Everything was fine in the first month, except for some people lagging but there will always be one who experiences more lags than others due to a greater distance to the server. In the second month we have received more and more complaints about lost connections. Our hoster never informed us about any maintenances, neither before nor after. A few days later we saw a note on their website that they are struggling with technical issues but there wasn't a hint on how long it will take them to get it fixed. Theoretically this isn't a big problem, such problems occur, but one has to take care of it. Another few days later the connection became somewhat more stable but at some times it's still horrible and it's been like that for more than a month now. We already lost many players and hence it's time to move away!

After searching for months we have found a new hoster we can stay with. To reduce the time the migration takes, we already ordered, received and pre-configured the server a week ago.
Today I have some time on my hands, so the move is going to take place tonight. Starting approximately between 12 am and 1 am UTC. At this moment we can't tell how long it is going to take because transfering files, restoring backups and especially waiting for the DNS to update can take much longer than one would first expect. We will try to keep you updated on chat.

During the migration some services will not be available!

Regards,

Croosade Staff

Last edited:

Drunk

IGN
Drunk
Ever since the server moved to russian i never lagged or dc :( feelsbadman

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
If anyone gets errors such as invalid certificate on the website/forum, then clear your browser settings (cache, cookies) to fix it.
Should anyone not be able to connect to one of our services at all after the migration, then you will have to wait for your DNS to update (nobody can tell you for sure how long it takes, in most cases only a few minutes but in some cases it can also take up to 72 hours).

IGN
dotard
Tommy, I demand all services to be up and running by the time i get home from work tomorrow. I do not tolerance lateness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)