Others who stopped playing v.92 too, what would it take to bring you back?

Maple2003

Best answers
And what would you say were your biggest 3 reasons for leaving?

I am curious how many were similar to me.

Charlie

Best answers
IGN
Cynical
1.) No motivation to play it as I spent all my funds on random bullshit (I'm talking like 40 WS + CS) since I knew myself and others were quitting.
2.) Staff doesn't have the man-power to update and moderate both versions, no point in playing v92 as the progressive server all takes precedent.
3.) Zero population typically because of my #1 & #2 points as well as the fact that most people don't even know that Croosade has such a server because of how it's basically hidden on the home web page.

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Polar
1) Although I enjoy playing both pre and post big bang, I have more interest in a server that continues to update as it brings more content in the long run. While the v92 server was more vanilla and was not going to stray away from that with a buttload of custom content.

2) v92 Croosade went through the Great Depression, and it’s something I fear when playing the v92 server again. The same goes to the progressive server, but as of right now I have a group of friends I enjoy playing with.

3) The economy was way too unstable in my eyes and it caused for inflation to happen and for there to be large droughts over a long period of time for end game scrolls. There was no alternatives to get end game scrolls and it really sucked because when you start out fresh or you’re new to the server it doesn’t look appealing to that player.

Vialli

Best answers
IGN
scary
1. no competition
2.all my sugar daddies went to bigbang
3. im sexually attracted to 4 sided objects

Bignips

Best answers
A lot of us would come back if staff updated or wiped the server, or made a new one.
So far they just say they’re gonna do something then don’t do anything lol.
And what would you say were your biggest 3 reasons for leaving?

I am curious how many were similar to me.
1. Progressive server was made and clearly the staff no longer gives a fuck about v92
2. Harvey’s attempt to fix the economy with the fusion system was terrible
3. The games economy is set up for a ~300 player base so it’s impossible to obtain stuff with a player base of 1.

Mintieness

Best answers
1. I went 1/30ish with white scrolls and got bad attack stats several times on my reverse weapons. Super demotivating after 6+ months and atleast 1500 hours invested, everything was gone in a couple weeks.

2. I wanted to relive my lhc days on the progressive server.

3. The economy didn't have enough items circulating causing major inflation with not many or enough farming spots. You could sink a good 10 hours in some spots for maybe MAYBE 1 ws

Did I mention how demotivated I was?

The more I think about it, the more I miss v92. I've met some amazing people, participated in awesome things like the first HT completed run, and have gotten such a deep understanding for the game. V92 felt natural. The additions of things like the croosade shop just felt right. The staff has always been great and fair. I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Scowl

Best answers
IGN
Gengar
1. I went 1/30ish with white scrolls and got bad attack stats several times on my reverse weapons. Super demotivating after 6+ months and atleast 1500 hours invested, everything was gone in a couple weeks.

2. I wanted to relive my lhc days on the progressive server.

3. The economy didn't have enough items circulating causing major inflation with not many or enough farming spots. You could sink a good 10 hours in some spots for maybe MAYBE 1 ws

Did I mention how demotivated I was?

The more I think about it, the more I miss v92. I've met some amazing people, participated in awesome things like the first HT completed run, and have gotten such a deep understanding for the game. V92 felt natural. The additions of things like the croosade shop just felt right. The staff has always been great and fair. I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone.
I miss you

Yoolia

Best answers
1. v92 lost all of its playerbase soon after announcing the upcoming release of the progressive server, and I lost interest for a while after the community started dying;
2. I came back a few times to play v92 and there was absolutely nothing you could do except grind on the soloable bosses. It's pretty sad without a community. The focus is on the progressive server so I can understand why the devs have not tried implementing anything for v92. They can't close it down either since there were so many donations and items put on it and there's no way refunds will be a thing.
3. I yolo-ed my engaw in April 2019 since there's no chance of me completing it (I'm talking 500-600k gach and no ws), it went to pixel heaven so goodbye Croosade v92 it's been good.

I miss you guys :(

PurePoisonXD

Best answers
IGN
PurePoisonJr
1. Wanted to relive my days of what I considered the golden age of MapleStory was: Around Ascension (v101). Got bored of the new server before it even updated to there tho lol.
2. Zero players. No matter how good or shitty a MMORPG is, it needs a population or else its boring af.
3. Got bored of video games in general.

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
I don't see anyone answering the most interesting question.

'what would it take to bring you back?'

I would like to add: are you playing the progressive server? Will you quit that to go back to v92? Do you think v92 will keep you motivated looking at the amount of content v92 offers?

Charlie

Best answers
IGN
Cynical

I would like to add: are you playing the progressive server? Will you quit that to go back to v92? Do you think v92 will keep you motivated looking at the amount of content v92 offers?
I play the progressive server and at this point I wouldn't quit it to go back to v92 as I have put too much time into it. I wouldn't ever go back to v92 even if I wasn't playing it if there wasn't some sort of wipe or new world and there was always pink bean and cHT that seemed so far out of reach that it kept me motivated & I was at the super duper end game of v92. So yeah, I would have been plenty motivated to keep going especially if things like the boss coin system were implemented and other cool shit that you have achieved on your progressive server.

Last edited:

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
I am play the progressive server and at this point I wouldn't quit it to go back to v92 as I have put too much time into it. I wouldn't ever go back to v92 even if I wasn't playing it if there wasn't some sort of wipe or new world and there was always pink bean and cHT that seemed so far out of reach that it kept me motivated & I was at the super duper end game of v92. So yeah, I would have been plenty motivated to keep going especially if things like the boss coin system were implemented and other cool shit that you have achieved on your progressive server.
I feel that we need to implement such things too I guess. I had ideas on how to improve equipment further on v92 with an update to the fusion system. Where you basically can 'fuse' equipment with some 'ingredients' adding enhancement stars to it (improving the stats).

Another thing would be automated events being implemented in v92.

Let's hope summer gives me more time to work on both v92 and the progressive server. Still wondering what other peoples thoughts are!

Ezya

Best answers
IGN
Ezya
I feel that we need to implement such things too I guess. I had ideas on how to improve equipment further on v92 with an update to the fusion system. Where you basically can 'fuse' equipment with some 'ingredients' adding enhancement stars to it (improving the stats).

Let's hope summer gives me more time to work on both v92 and the progressive server. Still wondering what other peoples thoughts are!
The pq point system and boss coin drops I think would have kept v92 alive for a lot longer.. I remember towards the end, a lot of players could farm HT and bossing seemed almost like a waste of time because the book prices were just dropping (no demand for them and crazy supply). The only way to progress your main DPSing bossing character was spamming FMA on your alt and then buying super expensive cs/ws.

Perhaps boss coins could buy Chaos scrolls and White scrolls and pq points could buy gachapon tickets, chairs, attack potions, mounts? I'd also like to see more bosses drop boss coins since the meta for bossing in v92 is different. Scale the costs of things in the boss coin shop up and give easy bosses a few coins while hard bosses drop a lot more. @Charlie probably has a better idea of what to put in the shops than I do.

Having a way for anybody from brand new to level 200s making mesos would help keep the server alive I think, low levels can easily PQ and earn mesos and transition into bossing while end game people can HT/ZAK and maybe even CHT/PB eventually.

One of the things I didn't like in v92 was the nerfs to stuff that was deemed overpowered. Blackfist Cloak droprate was super nerfed in cwkpq even though it was BiS, so then it limited everybody to compete for PACs which is just another item that was sought after and only came from Gachapon. Chimney training spots were nerfed too although that didn't really matter as much to me, just another example of nerfing things.

I stopped playing v92 because the only thing that gave a chance at advancing my character was going to ToT and spamming mage attacks which then could fail. Basically huge time commitment of very boring grind to get disappointed by unlucky chaos scrolls. I would give v92 a try again if you guys implement all the cool stuff from the progressive server. Realistically I don't think you could keep the same player base going forever on v92 but if the server is healthy enough to attract new players then it shouldn't die.

Charlie

Best answers
IGN
Cynical
@Charlie probably has a better idea of what to put in the shops than I do.
Not many people saw this post in my thread I made because it was essentially buried in it and I edited it quite a bit to add onto it. Even after experiencing the PQ & Boss coin systems on the progressive server, although a bit different I still think the ideas I have here would make v92 miles better alongside what you have said that could be in the boss coin system—CS, WS, & other end game shit.

The thing about v92 also is that it really doesn't require much upkeep once it's going honestly, especially compared to the progressive server. Just seeing my thread I made about a new world is making me miss it honestly, fuck.

Last edited:

Imbued

Best answers

'what would it take to bring you back?': Buff chaos scrolls whether its from gach or boss drop rate

No I do not play progressive so yes I would play v92, I know some who only play progressive since theres no v92 (@tuxx), v92 content was only limited because charlie and their squad never had the time to attempt more chaos horntails and eventually attempt pinkbean. I know the staff here is amazing at coding so I wouldn't doubt that you guys could continue to bring in more content whether its custom/post bb stuff

Possible Content for Better Equipment:
One thing I always thought was adding new weapons to the game whether it was post bb weapons (obvi nerfed because the stats are waaaay too op) with a custom way to build them, perhaps kill cht and it drops an item that could be crafted into a post bb/custom weapon with slightly higher stats than reverse/timeless. Now ofc stats would depend on what the staff decides is good and which post bb weapons come into the game or just custom weapons like Croosade Lampion (idk just suggesting ideas). If this idea ever came out it could also be used to craft the PSB instead of it coming out of gach (or a new polearm weapon as well from post bb) I do realize some players do not like PSB but making it difficult to craft would make it so only the best arans/people who put in time have it. Then PB could also drop another item used to craft an even better weapon. (Ex CHT drops item to make lvl 130 weapon and PB drops item to make 140 weapon both having reduced stats to their post bb counterparts). Sadly most people who want v92 don't check forums because they quit so I don't think there will be much feedback, only reason I saw this was due to someone msging on discord. Again this was only an idea to improve weapons (armor could be added too but remove armor set stats or whatever the staff feels is right).

From many people I've talked to they want v92 back, we also can tell from Charlies post and mine that people want it back. Sadly the start of summer would have been perfect for a new v92 release or wipe but obvi implementing all these new ideas and coding takes time.

Last edited:

Nakurusa

Best answers
Split the team!
Why asking for features when there's no time to implement them? I think it would be good if you guys splitted the team somehow to make both servers alive!
Or maybe that's too utopian...sad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)