Reduce "Someone is already collecting it" cooldown

Mechly

IGN
Mechly
Honestly maybe this could in bugs but I'll go with a suggestion since I figure it's an easier solution.
Basically, sometimes, seemingly at random, you can't mine something because you start and it immediately stops you and you can't get it for the next 10 seconds because "someone is already collecting it". Usually this isn't too bad, ~5 times in 100, but today I couldn't even farm 100 veins because of this (for reference, I usually do it with 2~2:30 minutes to spare), the bug is annoying but having to wait 10 seconds is just too long anyway.
I'm suggesting to either shorten it a lot or remove it if you were the last person mining the vein.

nwyr

I haven't been mining for a few weeks but doesn't this happen when you accidentally press the harvest button again after already having started the process?

Nakurusa

IGN
Milk
This is so you dont mine what someone else is mining.
This happens when you cancel your mining by spamming your npc talk key

gitgud, wait the 1 second

Mechly

IGN
Mechly
I haven't been mining for a few weeks but doesn't this happen when you accidentally press the harvest button again after already having started the process?
Yes, it happens when you do that but sometimes you can spam all your want and nothing happens and other times I have calmly pressed the button once and it still happened. I haven't had it as bad as it was when I made this thread (where I couldn't even finish 100 harvests in 10 minutes) but still happens here and there, and 10 seconds cooldown is too long anyway, pretty sure in other servers I have played it was 2~4.

Nakurusa

IGN
Milk
I don't know if it's actually a bug, but i recall even in GMS getting randomly interrumped and waiting some seconds too. Like 5 seconds
Best bet is trying with another vein.

IGN
Yumiya
Honestly all the times this occured to me is because of it randomly stopping on its own or when I press the harvest button again, because it didn't immediately harvest with the first press (for some reason that gets delayed sometimes).
I would also suggest just having a 5 second cooldown on it since it takes about that long for said herb or mine to be harvested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)