Server instability (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

furu

Tried using another pc. Tried windscribe. Tried downloading and running maple without antivirus on. Tried reinstalling for like idk how many times, Tried restarting wifi and still dc-ing every 3~10min since last wednesday but it was fine before this.

@furu connect to a different server for windscribe (Canada doesn't work). I used Dallas- Ranch but there are other servers mentioned by others to connect to

furu

@Angbak Most servers require premium tho. I tried alot servers and finally found one (germany) that works but there's still some minor lag tho. Welp better than keep dcing.

Charlie

Honestly unplayable. Being forced to use vpn (with limited data, too) is idiotic, and there is no one addressing issues put forward by this small community.
Just have to be a bit patient, not only is finding a host for a MapleStory private server fucking hard because of legal issues, there are things like DDoS protection and other variables that we simply have no clue about. I think we have gone through 2 or 3 hosts now and they have all generally been almost equally bad, hopefully the next one doesn't crash and burn because I completely agree, using a VPN feels scuffed as hell and staff knows that.

Also a quote from discord a bit ago, they are working on it. Whether it's a new years gift to us or on the 31st of January is anyones guess.

Last edited:

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
There will always be such problems with offshore providers. We're currently working out a custom infrastructure which is extendable and thus also helps to reduce DDoS attacks. Planning to switch host by mid of the month and then whenever we get problems again we can extend our network within a day or two.

Affinity

@Angbak Most servers require premium tho. I tried alot servers and finally found one (germany) that works but there's still some minor lag tho. Welp better than keep dcing.
Welp might as well quit if I have to VPN with minor lag/pay to have good VPN.
Haven’t been playing for almost 2 months because of this.

Babe

IGN
Polar
Welp might as well quit if I have to VPN with minor lag/pay to have good VPN.
Haven’t been playing for almost 2 months because of this.
You’re not required to use a VPN to play but because of the recent disconnection issues players are advised to use a VPN until they switch to a new host.

Which they are planning to do so soon around the middle of the month.

Affinity

You’re not required to use a VPN to play but because of the recent disconnection issues players are advised to use a VPN until they switch to a new host.

Which they are planning to do so soon around the middle of the month.
I mean if you're dcing every 5minutes, its basically required (how to boss if you dc). It's not really recent because its been going on for months.....
but hey I'm glad they are working on it now.... good luck to everyone who is staying on server.

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
As already said we're working on it. Ordered some products already, will order the others very soon and then start to set it up.

I actually already moved parts of the mail server. Should anyone experience password reset problems because the email doesn't arrive, leave me a private message.

Tommy

Web Administrator
Staff member
2 days ago the server went offline for unknown reasons. We contacted our host and after a too long time we also received an answer. They told us that our server has no connection to the outer world but they couldn't tell us why and also failed to fix it. In the meantime we have already ordered new servers and set up our custom infrastructure. Everything is ready but there's still some files missing and although we have backups we prefer to wait for the old server to go back online to get the latest data. Our former host told us that they're working on it and we're expecting an answer soon. Once we have the files it should only take a few more hours to get everything back up and running as we have already taken care of all preparations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)