Windia

Well the GMs had alot of complainers including me to add resistance classes into the game but i guess too late for regrets.

yoongers

I honestly don't understand the denying of v92 wipe. I think it's done out of stubbornness (they promised that v95 progressive would not lead to wiping/forgetting v92 or whatever, and they are very obviously trying to stick to that.) But v92 right now has like 2-5 players online a day. There is no point in trying to save that. Opening Windia might help the population but Scania will be completely dead just like it is now, so why not just wipe at that point anyway?

Either way I agree something should be done. Don't keep up v92, wasting hundreds of dollars for like 5 players, if no attempt is going to be made. My only concern is if v92 becomes popular does that mean progressive server dies, or is there different consumers for both?

Last edited:
IGN
Maus
I believe it's reasonable to worry about the progressive server's player count dropping if v92 were to be revived, but something to remember is that a majority of the players that play(ed) Croosade originally joined for Pre-BB and it kinda sucks that v92 is left in the state it's in right now.

In regards to the progressive server though; I'm sure a lot of players are waiting for patches to hit so they can play their favorite class(es) and won't be playing until then. I think both servers can co-exist and have healthy player counts, with a lot of players jumping between the two servers (especially when a new patch comes out for the progressive server, but still having Pre-BB to fall back to when you get bored).

There's definitely demand for both and the progressive server is eventually going to break off into an entirely different Maple (If it hasn't already). There's new classes, old classes are going to be changed for better or worse, gearing's already much more different and gets more complicated with each patch in my opinion, and depending how far it progresses it eventually becomes a a convoluted mess that is known as Solostory.

I (and I'm sure others) just want to be able to go back to something that's familiar, regardless of how long it's been.

I honestly don't understand the denying of v92 wipe. I think it's done out of stubbornness (they promised that v95 progressive would not lead to wiping/forgetting v92 or whatever, and they are very obviously trying to stick to that.) But v92 right now has like 2-5 players online a day. There is no point in trying to save that. Opening Windia might help the population but Scania will be completely dead just like it is now, so why not just wipe at that point anyway?

Either way I agree something should be done. Don't keep up v92, wasting hundreds of dollars for like 5 players, if no attempt is going to be made. My only concern is if v92 becomes popular does that mean progressive server dies, or is there different consumers for both?
I know that Croosade's team is practically legendary in terms of coding, but like; if they shut down scania, replaced it with Windia (which had some of these proposed ideas in it, among others i'd assume,) would they even be able to implement the blessing of whatever new passive? I mean, if it were linking to your Character which no longer exists and uhm... You know? <---- why i think people are against a shutdown of scania or a wipe

Personally, i was really looking forward to the blessing but It's understandable; it could get trashed and I probably wouldnt blink either way.

OFFTOPIC:
Another good way to make a Cash Funnel by the way? Import GMS Hairs/Faces/Cash Equips/Pets/Chairs, and then Sell them to the Players in exchange for LOTS of Mesos, Vote Points, Croosade Points, maybe form a Selection of Repeatable Jump Quests via an NPC and offer rewards that way as well; whatever you literally please.

Dutchkitten

IGN
Poesje
I dont blame the GMs nor the players for the dying of v92.
All of the players including me wanted to try something new without having to play GMS with all that new stuff.
Little did i know that v100 isnt something for me, thats why i want to go back to v92, but at this point it's impossible and with the new servers around the corner i really hope they will consider to fix v92.
Simply because croosade is the best server i played on and i want to continue that but rather on v92 than v100.
I can even make my partner who is currently unmotivated to play ms, play the v92 server if a new one is made or as the ts suggested.

I dont think the playerbase of v100 will shrink since most players there enjoy the progressive server and want new stuff being added every now and then.

Please bring back the croosade nostalgic :)

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
IGN
Harvey
As said numerous of times already, we will not shutdown or wipe Scania ever. I think a new world is a fair idea, but before we are trying such a thing we need to 'shape' the ideas into something that can work out. I'm not sure whether it will work out, because pre-bb is simply unbalanced and with the lack of content compared to higher versions I feel that it will be boring pretty soon. Doesn't take away the fact that I like the idea and I would like to try to make a new world as it sounds challenging to code.

Oh and please, can I rename this thread to Bera?? The second world is NOT Windia D:

Charlie

we need to 'shape' the ideas into something that can work out.
Oh and please, can I rename this thread to Bera?? The second world is NOT Windia D:
Perfect way to answer these would be to poll the stuff you can't decide on and think the community would probably like a say in it. I think there are a lot of controversial topics that have been brought up in this thread and would also benefit from an official poll in my opinion.

Dutchkitten

IGN
Poesje
As said numerous of times already, we will not shutdown or wipe Scania ever. I think a new world is a fair idea, but before we are trying such a thing we need to 'shape' the ideas into something that can work out. I'm not sure whether it will work out, because pre-bb is simply unbalanced and with the lack of content compared to higher versions I feel that it will be boring pretty soon. Doesn't take away the fact that I like the idea and I would like to try to make a new world as it sounds challenging to code.

Thanks for the answer.
That is one thing i definitely like about Croosade.
The transparancy.
Also if people will do more content they will go to v100 anyways and go back if they want to relive more simple times like me f3.

Rod

we need to 'shape' the ideas into something that can work out. I'm not sure whether it will work out, because pre-bb is simply unbalanced and with the lack of content compared to higher versions I feel that it will be boring pretty soon.
The only thing I see other pre-bb servers have that we don't have are:
1. Selling Leech to invest on your main character + HP Washing
2. New skills balance
3. Every ele wand/staff

1. is pretty shitty since it forces people to play a class they don't want first to fund the character they wanna play, so we already have a better system than those implemented in the game

2. I can see this being a good incentive for people who like the weaker classes playstyle but don't play them because they're way below average and won't be invited to anything they might wanna do

3. I figured that the reason you guys never added the higher level ele wand and staff, even tho you guys never really explained why, was because it would make reverse weapons useless, but not only do these elemental weapons give us bonus damage to our skills that reverse weapons don't, the good ones don't require LUK and in pre-bb 1 INT = 1 magic attack, so adding LUK is actually brainless since you can wear a lvl 70 wand with 120 TMA + 80 Bonus magic attack from adding all ur stats to INT or you can add 80 LUK and wear a staff with 170 TMA and lose on total magic attack

Other than what's already been suggested, I also liked the system you guys added where HT is just a 1-time prequest like Zakum, I thought of this once but never suggested cuz I thought people would be against it like pretty much everything else, so if we can just add those really neat things to the game, I doubt it'll become boring quickly since the most popular ms pserver has been a pre-bb server for the past years. And all you do there is sell leech, so maybe that's even a thing people like about pre-bb, but I personally prefer the no selling leech system we have.

And all you do there is sell leech, so maybe that's even a thing people like about pre-bb, but I personally prefer the no selling leech system we have.
I can concurr, selling leech is fun. Its also fun to buy leech when you're too lazy to train yourself; but partying up with a Bishop and a full Party is probably the best

Charlie

And all you do there is sell leech, so maybe that's even a thing people like about pre-bb, but I personally prefer the no selling leech system we have.
I can concurr, selling leech is fun. Its also fun to buy leech when you're too lazy to train yourself; but partying up with a Bishop and a full Party is probably the best
I think the balance that v92 already has is completely fine. The leech exp is completely gutted and for anyone that is trying to be "efficient" leeching is for a very vast majority of the time worse than actually killing shit yourself. And because of this, there isn't selling leech but there are those that can leech and it is a benefit to everyone. It also pairs up super well with how the exp distribution is on v92 because it also favors actually partying up and having a group of players kill shit together throughout the server as if it's LHC.

3. I figured that the reason you guys never added the higher level ele wand and staff, even tho you guys never really explained why, was because it would make reverse weapons useless, but not only do these elemental weapons give us bonus damage to our skills that reverse weapons don't, the good ones don't require LUK and in pre-bb 1 INT = 1 magic attack, so adding LUK is actually brainless since you can wear a lvl 70 wand with 120 TMA + 80 Bonus magic attack from adding all ur stats to INT or you can add 80 LUK and wear a staff with 170 TMA and lose on total magic attack
This is a good point tbh, it made negative sense that the higher leveled elemental wands were trashed because they were somehow overpowered but then the meta was just to wear the level 70 ele wands. If people are still in favor of nerfing mages, I think taking out level 70 wands, replacing where they were gotten with the ele staffs 1 - 4, and then replacing the lower leveled ele staffs 1 - 4 with the higher leveled ones (5 - 8) would be kinda nice.

IGN
Safari
The colossal population drop of v92 proves this wrong though.
That's what we thought after v95 was announced but not yet released, but the mass immigration and death of v92 proved that wrong.
I too thought that people who prefer v92 would stay and those who prefer v95 would move, but almost everybody moved or left, so its entirely possible that the same could happen to v100.
Not that I have much constructive points to give, but for the sake of discussion, like you said we all thought that there will at least be a lot of people who would remain in v92 (those who don't really like post-bb) but in reality most of the people migrated out of v92.

In my honest opinion, the sole reason for total migration was because initially too many people already had the intention of moving to v95, and so v92 did not have sufficient players for the general market to continue operating - there weren't enough remaining players to farm for mesos/equips/scrolls/gach items, which caused the entire server to spiral down like a domino effect where 1-by-1 people would be deterred from continuing on v92. I believe this was an honest oversight, and perhaps if Bera were to really take place, i guess v100 should not lose too many of its player base at its first instance, otherwise the same phenomenon would repeat.

tl;dr - on v92, too many ppl left at first instance, so those who initially remained would eventually leave bc the market was ruined i.e. insufficient supply of mesos/gach/scrolls. Hope this does not repeat for v100 and Bera

Imbued

Not that I have much constructive points to give, but for the sake of discussion, like you said we all thought that there will at least be a lot of people who would remain in v92 (those who don't really like post-bb) but in reality most of the people migrated out of v92.

In my honest opinion, the sole reason for total migration was because initially too many people already had the intention of moving to v95, and so v92 did not have sufficient players for the general market to continue operating - there weren't enough remaining players to farm for mesos/equips/scrolls/gach items, which caused the entire server to spiral down like a domino effect where 1-by-1 people would be deterred from continuing on v92. I believe this was an honest oversight, and perhaps if Bera were to really take place, i guess v100 should not lose too many of its player base at its first instance, otherwise the same phenomenon would repeat.

tl;dr - on v92, too many ppl left at first instance, so those who initially remained would eventually leave bc the market was ruined i.e. insufficient supply of mesos/gach/scrolls. Hope this does not repeat for v100 and Bera
As someone who prefers v92 over v100, I still agree that releasing a new world would decrease ALOT of v100 players and maybe even kill it like how v92 is rn. Many ppl who did prefer v92 ended up going to v100 anyways so vice versa could easily happen if a new v92 world came out. It's hard to have 2 servers opened and maintain both communities. If a new world does come out I hope the people that prefer big bang can still enjoy/play the progressive server without it dying and becoming what v92 is today.

Malachai

As someone who prefers v92 over v100, I still agree that releasing a new world would decrease ALOT of v100 players and maybe even kill it like how v92 is rn. Many ppl who did prefer v92 ended up going to v100 anyways so vice versa could easily happen if a new v92 world came out. It's hard to have 2 servers opened and maintain both communities. If a new world does come out I hope the people that prefer big bang can still enjoy/play the progressive server without it dying and becoming what v92 is today.
Personally i prefer progressive, i like the change and the new QOL but this is what i fear. It's basically just us moving back and forth.

tuxx

IGN
tuxx
If they cared about killing v100 they wouldnt have killed v92, they do this shit as a hobby so if they enjoy keeping v100 up they will do it regardless of the playerbase.

Babe

IGN
Polar
I don’t think it’ll kill v100 necessarily.
Most of the people on v100 were asking for a progressive server or something post Big-Bang.

People who played v92 will return to v92 but it’s very likely that they’ll fall back on v100 again after they achieve what they wanted. Especially if v100 updates to the next version.

Fresh start would be orgasmic for someone like me who hasnt been around since the v95 was originally announced. Kind of hard not to think this will all just be a quick race to 200 and then back to the progressive for alot of members. Maybe i am wrong though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)