Windia

Charlie

For the 100th comment on this thread, I sort of just want to encapsulate ideas that are either controversial or (at least in my eyes) worthy of seeing where others stand. I am going to make a strawpoll for those that want to help give their input on what they think so far. I am also going to include small feature changes suggested in this thread as well, because I feel that it matters to get the communities input on everything regardless of how small a change is.

Croosade v92 Polling
The style of these questions is a simple yes or no.
Click the check box next to what you would like to have happen, leave it blank if you don't.

SnoopyTheSheep

IGN
Xenforo
For the 100th comment on this thread, I sort of just want to encapsulate ideas that are either controversial or (at least in my eyes) worthy of seeing where others stand. I am going to make a strawpoll for those that want to help give their input on what they think so far. I am also going to include small feature changes suggested in this thread as well, because I feel that it matters to get the communities input on everything regardless of how small a change is.
This is a nice way to get a quick general indicator of the community's interests, but I don't think it can substitute a slow and steady series of specific polls that have been reviewed. This is because making questionnaires unbiased is a tricky and complex process; 1. how certain questions are phrased, 2. the order they are put in, 3. word choice, 4. whether the default option is a yes or no (i.e. do you need to click a box or leave it blank to advocate change), 5. context and so many 6. other factors inevitably skew the results of a subjective questionnaire. At a glance, it seems all "yes" answers are the changes you want to see. It's very biased in my opinion.
As an example of this, asking 1. Should permanent pets be a thing? and 2. Should permanent pets NOT be a thing? will yield different results as unintuitive as that sounds.

Furthermore, having so many questions in one strawpoll makes it difficult to interpret what proportion of people are in favour or not. For example, as of the time of writing this, the question, "Should Multiclienting be removed? has a 2% vote of 9 votes (including my own vote). It is ranked low on the number of votes, so it would seem people generally want Multiclienting to stay. However, it doesn't tell me whether that number is 80% of the community or 40% of the community. It isn't very useful.
As I said before, it's a nice start, but if we seriously want to make a strawpoll for questions like these how the question should be phrased and constructed needs to be reviewed by community/staff before it can be used.

And the bottom line is that majority choice does not always rule when it comes to game design. There are many, many questions to ask as well as majority vote such as, how will affect the longevity of the server? (Pacing fast enough to be interesting but not exhaust content too quickly), what is the new player experience like? (as they are often in the minority), what is the opinion of people who do not use the forums?

Last edited:

Charlie

This is a nice way to get a quick general indicator of the community's interests, but I don't think it can substitute a slow and steady series of specific polls that have been reviewed. This is because making questionnaires unbiased is a tricky and complex process; 1. how certain questions are phrased, 2. the order they are put in, 3. word choice, 4. whether the default option is a yes or no (i.e. do you need to click a box or leave it blank to advocate change), 5. context and so many 6. other factors inevitably skew the results of a subjective questionnaire. At a glance, it seems all "yes" answers are the changes you want to see. It's very biased in my opinion.
As an example of this, asking 1. Should permanent pets be a thing? and 2. Should permanent pets NOT be a thing? will yield different results as unintuitive as that sounds.
Please point me into the direction where any of the questions are biased, in any way that you listed here. Not only did I vote no to close to half of the features listed, I took every point in this thread that I saw people talked about or had interest in, regardless of if it was my own, and added it to the list on the poll. Some features that I know people want that require way more work than anything on the list (Map layout balancing for example) weren't added because they can be spoken about once we get the easier stuff first. I also wrote right underneath the large link in even larger sized font; "The style of these questions is a simple yes or no. Click the check box next to what you would like to have happen, leave it blank if you don't." If that's confusing to anyone on these forums, then I am sorry.

Except the answer would still be the same. Why would my answer change there if I wanted permanent pet equips to be a thing? I also tried to avoid making a double negatives when something was answered with simply a "yes" or "no."

Furthermore, having so many questions in one strawpoll makes it difficult to interpret what proportion of people are in favour or not. For example, as of the time of writing this, the question, "Should Multiclienting be removed? has a 2% vote of 9 votes (including my own vote). It is ranked low on the number of votes, so it would seem people generally want Multiclienting to stay. However, it doesn't tell me whether that number is 80% of the community or 40% of the community. It isn't very useful.
As I said before, it's a nice start, but if we seriously want to make a strawpoll for questions like these how the question should be phrased and constructed needs to be reviewed by community/staff before it can be used.
The point was to gauge what the community wants the most. Harvey said previously in this thread that we would need to work together to get a base and then polish it over a few months, while insinuating it would be an open beta. With that being said, I think that we can see with the results that a majority of people, like you said, are in favor of having multi-clienting as well as them being against the idea of the points sytem being removed. The fact that they have such few votes, around ~20 less than the most wanted thing on the list and around half the median is probably a telling tale that a majority do not want those.

I think with these questions answered by more people, we can get a general idea of a base and go into more detail of those certain features people want while avoiding the less desired ones. Whether that is through a more extensive polling system, or just debating through forum and discord is up to staff I guess. I do agree however that the poll is a bit weak, but it wasn't necessarily supposed to be an official one and could have been better.

Last edited:

Croosade v92 Polling
The style of these questions is a simple yes or no.
Click the check box next to what you would like to have happen, leave it blank if you don't.
Thank you for making this and trying to breathe life into V92 again. It makes me sad that such a great server is dead, and perhaps maybe oneday it wont always be the case.

bambino

Pq reward system is a great idea
If made the right way,i believe it may revive v92
Pqs are fun and its so refreshing after a fkn year of grinding
I hope the staff will do something like you suggested
Thx

Charlie

Trying to be a bit proactive here instead of what I said earlier on how I was basically dumping the rest of the work and the polling onto the staff. That simply isn't a good decision considering how many times I have seen suggestions be denied because of lack of information/effort, putting it up to staff interpretation. With that being said I have taken the poll results from our poll before and am going to do better polls with things that seemed to be more popular than the other questions.

I took the top voted question and anything having 70%+ (a passing grade in a 10 point grading scale) of said top voted question will be accounted for in these polls, meaning that the lowest scoring question about making a new world just barely made the cut at 35 votes. Please actually really think about how you want to see v92 be shaped, because every vote matters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)